Less than 50 days until Christmas! Time to start getting ready for the Holiday season and decorating your space! Whoever said waiting until Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas is crazy. I’m not going to purchase all these cute things and only see them for 25 days out of 365 days in a year! No thanks…but do what you want.
Regardless of if you are already decorating or if you are just getting ideas for the Christmas season, glitter is always in and is oh so fun and festive!
I think it is fun to make your own ornaments; it is a great way to bond with family and friends, or just have fun crafting! These glitter ornaments are SO easy but very effective and cute!
What you need:
- Wooden shaped objects (Hobby Lobby). I used gingerbread man, christmas trees, and snowflakes!
- Glitter colors of your choice! ( I used brown, green, and white)
- Mod Podge
- Small/Medium sized Painting brush
- Glitter ribbon (I used a brown glitter ribbon from Hobby Lobby)
- Group objects together (gingerbread men in one pile, snowflakes in another, etc)
- Lightly brush on a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the wooden object. Once all of the same objects are painted, sprinkle sparkles on them. (i.e. when painted all gingerbread men, sparkle them together so you don’t mix up different glitter colors!)
- Repeat step 2 with the other objects
- Let them dry over night (or at least 3-5 hours to be safe!)
- LIGHTLY brush on a sealant layer of Mod Podge over the glittered object. Yes, it will look a little white or gluey. Let it sit and dry over night again for maximum dry time.
- Now, you can touch the glittered object and you won’t get all of this glitter all over your hands! YAY!
- Cut the ribbon of your choosing into the approximate size you want (I did about 6-7 inches).
- Fold the ribbon in half and hot glue the ends together (creating a loop)
- Hot glue the glued ends to the back of your ornament
- Now you have your very own glittered ornaments! When these bad boys catch the light, it looks so pretty and Christmasy!