Fit Navy Bean Soup
I love beans! They are so good for you and such a great source of protein. They are also really easy to make and ideal for college students or working professionals who are busy throughout the day! I just made up this recipe with things I had in my house, so it is really simple and easy but OH SO yummy and nutritional!
What you need:
- A package of Navy Beans
- 1 tablespoon of Bouillon paste (chicken flavor)
- 7-8 diced romano tomatoes
- about 1/4 of a diced onion
- Italian herbs and spices to taste
- Rinse and sort the Navy Beans
- boil up about 6 cups of water on the stove
- Place Navy Beans inside pot on stove and let them cook on LOW for about 2-2 1/2 hours with the top on. Since they are slow cooking, you can go study, watch tv, whatever you need to do and the beans will just cook easily! No worries at all!
- While beans are cooking and ALMOST completely done, sauté onions.
- In a separate mixing bowl, fill up the bowl with about 2-3 cups of water (or more depending on how soupy you want you soup to be) and mix in the Bouillon paste. This is the healthier version of chicken broth..which also has a better taste in my opinion!
- Pour this new mixture into the pan that you are sautéing your onions in. Set stove to low. Gently mix periodically.
- When beans are nice and tender, drain the pot
- Add in tomatoes and italian herbs and spices into the bouillon mixture on the stove.
- When done, pour bouillon mixture onto the Navy beans. Stir, add more water if you want (water will not dilute the mixture..as long as you aren’t adding in like 5 more cups on water)
- AND WA-LA! Yummy Navy Bean Soup that is SOOOOO easy! I hope you enjoy!
(I added more bouillon/water mixture after I took this picture…so disregard the lack of water! This can also be a great bean recipe if you aren’t looking for a soup!)