Italian Spaghetti Squash
I’ve always wanted to try Spaghetti Squash because I LOVE pasta, but with Spaghetti Squash it is actually healthier for you! So, after months of researching the best ways to cook and the yummiest recipes, I finally tried to out! It is super easy and so so so yummy AND healthy!
What you need;
- 1/2 Medium sized Spaghetti Squash (or one whole one if you want left overs for a quick and easy meal in during the week!)
- 4-8 tablespoons of organic Marinara Sauce (depending on how saucy you want it)
- 1/2 of an onion diced (or more/less depending on your preference )
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, sliced and diced (I used yellow this time!)
- 2 cloves of garlic (or minced/powder, which ever you have at home and seasoned to taste)
- dash of Basil
- 1/2 a lemon
- optional: dash of Oregano or Italian Spices
- optional: parmesan cheese
- Start by cutting the Squash in half (it is a little hard..maybe put in microwave for 1 minute to soften) Take out all the seeds and guts from the squash and throw away.
- Place one half of the squash face DOWN in a microwavable bowl with about 1/2 a cup of water to “steam” the squash. Place in microwave for about 12 minutes (depending on microwave) or until fork tender. Then repeat the same process with the other half of the squash
- When both fork tender and cooled down (they will be hot so you might want to use a oven mitt when holding), fork out the contents of the squash into a large bowl.
- Gently squeeze 1/2 a lemon onto the contents of the squash and let sit.
- While that is sitting and cooling, sauté the onions, garlic, and bell pepper until the onions are translucent. Add in the marinara sauce and spices and let it cook until you feel it is warm enough to be poured over your squash.
- You can either pour spaghetti squash into the marinara mixture over the stove and serve from there, or pour some sauce over the spaghetti squash. Whichever way will give you great results.
- Add some Parmesan Cheese afterwards if you feel so inclined!
This is seriously SUCH an easy and HEALTHY way to make pasta. I will definitely be cooking this more often.