What you need:
- 1 inch Hot Tools Curling Iron (here)
- Heat Protectant spray (I am currently using this)
- Wide Tooth Comb (here)
- Hairspray (I use a combination of this and this)
- Blow Dry hair so it is full and perfectly dry ( I usually have my hair air dry 70-80% of the way then blow dry the roots to add more volume)
- Spritz in your heat protectant spray all over your ends and hair evenly (do not focus product at the roots though)
- Divide hair into 3 sections and keep the bottom section down. I use a “claw clip” to hold hair out of the way on top of my head.
- Curl 1 inch pieces of hair AWAY from your face.
- Lightly hair spray the layer when you have finished that layer.
- Repeat for the middle and top layer.
- Let your hair hold the curl for a few minutes (2-5 minutes).
- Grab the wide toothed comb and gently brush your curls out
- Lightly hair spray your hair all over again, scrunching up the hair as you spray and piecing the curls the way you want them
- Ta-da! Gently curled hair!