If you ask anyone, they will probably tell you that my favorite thing to eat is a sandwich. I don’t know what it is about them… I just love them. They are so simple and so yummy! All of those simple carbs though… they add up quick! I tried experimenting in the kitchen to find ways to reduce the amount of carbs I consume throughout the day and stumbled upon this masterpiece! I still get the crunchy satisfaction of biting into a sandwich, in a healthier-guilt free way!
What you will need:
- Romance Lettuce whole leaf (2)
- Canned Tuna (light, white meat–makes about 2-3 servings)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbs of Light mayonnaise with olive oil
- Cheese (optional)
- Wash your Romance Lettuce leaves and then dry them
- In a bowl, mix together tuna, 1 ripe avocado, and a tbs of mayonnaise together until blended well. The mixture should be creamy. If you want it more creamy, simply add in more mayonnaise.
- Scoop out your desired amount of Tuna onto one lettuce leaf.
- Sprinkle cheese on top if you would like
- Sandwich together the lettuce leaves and you are ready to enjoy your healthier sandwich! Enjoy!
I also made this lettuce wrap sandwich using turkey slices and chicken before as well! Both easy and tasty options!
XO- Kelly Ruth